Hiking in the Bohemian Forest
Hiking on the Green Rooftop of Europe
The Bavarian –Bohemian forest mountain ridge is more and more recognised as really borderless hiking region. It stood to reason to add some top-hiking tours from the bordering Sumava to the new hiking book.
The idea: Locals and guests, Bavarian and Czechs hold ONE hiking book in their hands, with which they can hike the best tours on the COMMON "Green Rooftop of Europe".
Following you find the roadbooks for the hiking tours in Šumava with altitude profile, map as well as detailed description:
- Tour 1 on Cinderellas trails to the hermit from Chudenice
- Tour 2 to the old castle ruins
- Tour 3 On the trail oft he gold diggers
- Tour 4 From Brčálník through the headwaters of the Úhlava
- Tour 5 On the Böhmweg from Zwieslerwaldhaus to Bayerisch Eisenstein
- Tour 6 On the trail of Josef Hlávka
- Tour 7 Mining in the region of Hory Matky Boží
- Tour 8 From Sušice to Hrádek
- Tour 9 Černé and Čertovo jezero
- Tour 10 Cuircular route round the castle Velhartice
- Tour 11 Dreamround at the Vydra
- Tour 12 Round the Poledník
- Tour 13 On the trail of the Celts
- Tour 14 To raptly villages
- Tour 15 On old commercial routes
- Tour 16 On the Via Nova
- Tour 17 Over the Osser to the Künische Gebirge
- Tour 18 Views on Srní
- Tour 19 To the smallest glacial lake in the Bohemian Forest
- Tour 20 Search for traces in the Bohemian Forest
The maps of the roadbooks were provided by courtesy of mapy.cz. Thank you very much again!
The System of marking of hiking paths on Czech Republic is very simple: Hiking paths are marked open terrain with the colours blue, yellow, red and green on white ground.
On the maps of mapy.cz you can find these colours again in the “hiking lines”. In order to clarify route in the route descriptions, the tours were also foregrounded graphically.